Features and Benefits.
• The Dextrite crushers feature an activated carbon filter for mercury vapor recovery to keep vapors
below 0.05 mg/m3 TLV (Threshold Limit Value) as per OSHA.
• The Dextrite patented filtration system on all units is equipped with a motorized fan that continuously
draws all mercury vapor and dust through the filter media.
• Our patented sleeve system (see image A) allows the user to never be exposed when changing drum.
• All feed openings of our chutes for any lamps have a self closing trap door to avoid workers exposure
to vapor or more importantly to shattered glass.
• All of our systems include optical sensors for tube and drum counts. Filter saturation is also monitored
by the system to ensure optimal performance and safety.
• Our crushing systems are made of 4 heavy duty metal flails (see image B) mounted inside a separate
chamber in order
to create finer glass particles and to be able to have as many as 20% more crushed tubes per drum.
• Our double crushing chamber allows the unit to stay below 65db of noise even when crushing occurs.